Skincare routines may come and go, but your skin remains forever. That’s why it’s important to take seasonal changes into account when the health of your skin is at stake. Your tried-and-tested winter routine may have worked wonders during the cooler months, but now that warmer weather is just around the corner, it’s time to nourish your tired skin with a great spring skin routine.
We asked one of Auckland’s best holistic facial experts, Ashleigh Scott from The Facialist, to shed some light on our skin during this sometimes-harsh change of season. Thanks to her deep understanding of your skin’s needs and how to treat skin conditions and disorders, here are her top spring routine tips.
- If you haven't been wearing sunscreen over winter, it’s time to start. But if you regularly wear makeup or chemical sunscreen, double-cleanse in the evening to thoroughly remove it before you tone and moisturise. Use Micellar Water to get rid of dirt, oil and makeup, then follow it up with Crème Cleaner to lift any additional impurities and infuse moisture back into your skin. With 5 cleansing options in our Essano range you can choose the best cleansing solution for your skin type.
- For the best cleansing result (and a slight exfoliation at the same time), use a face cloth when you remove your cleanser.
- Massage your face just before bed to boost circulation, bring nutrients to the surface of your skin, and leave your skin naturally glowing. Apply a few drops of Certified Organic Rosehip Oil to your hands then massage it into your skin, starting from your neck and moving upwards in wide, firm circles.
- Apply your non-cleansing products like toner, moisturiser and eye crème to damp skin to lock in moisture and keep your skin hydrated.
- We’re sorry, but chocolate can cause pimples! If you’re prone to acne or congestion, try to avoid full-cream dairy products such as chocolate, cheese, ice cream or cream. That doesn’t mean you can’t treat yourself; there are plenty of yummy alternatives out there!